Counting by 7s by Holly Goldberg Sloan
My enjoyment rating: 4 of 5 stars
Hangover rating: 4
Genre: Juvenile fiction
Objectionable material: None
In honor of Willow Chance's affinity for the number 7, I offer 7 reasons why I liked Counting by 7s by Holly Goldberg Sloan:
1. Being adopted is awesome.
2. You may find friends in the most unexpected places.
3. Do not take anything for granted -- tragedy may be hiding around the corner.
4. I learned more about botany and infectious diseases than I ever wanted too.
5. Families come in all sorts of shapes, colors and sizes. All that matters is that your are loved.
6. Be careful of your school counselor.
7. This book is the literary equivalent of the Island of Misfit Toys(remember the Christmas animation movie?) -- the most oddly sorted collection of characters I've ever read about.
Truly a unique and tender reading experience.
View all my reviews